Joe Vandervoort, Attorney at Law
I’ve practiced law for more than 40 years. My specialties have always been cases involving drugs, DUIs and the criminal justice system. I know the “justice system” and I know where you can go for other kinds of help. If you need a drug lawyer in Chico, CA or surrounding areas, please call me today.
You should know about your criminal defense attorney. If a law advertisement doesn’t tell you about the attorney there is nothing to say! Here is a list of some of my credentials:
Dean’s List Scholar, University of California Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts, 1969.
University of California, Hastings College of Law, Juris Doctorate 1972, and teaching assistant.
Instructor Law Credential, Community College, 1973.
Member or previous member of:
- Rated “Superb” by AVVO with the highest rating of 10 stars. (AVVO gives an objective rating to every lawyer in the US) http://www.avvo.com
- California DUI Lawyers Association (We are listed as the only Specialized Rating on CDLA in Butte County) http://www.california-dui-lawyers.org
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California Public Defenders Association
- National Legal Aid and Defenders Association
- Butte County, State of California, and American Bar Associations
- California Trial Lawyers Association
- California DUI (“Deuce”) Defenders
- Life member of California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (CACJ)
Admitted to practice in all County, State and Federal courts.
Prior Director/Owner of Butte County private Defender System.
Prior Judge Pro Tem in Oroville and Chico.
The only certified specialist in Butte County by California-DUI-Lawyers.org (CDLA).
As an attorney, I am committed to preserving and enhancing civil rights in California and the United States. In the words of the venerable Ben Franklin, “Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.”
As a citizen, I am philanthropically oriented. “Ask not what your country can do for you” has fallen by the wayside in an environment of cradle to grave promises of governmental welfare programs. The better approach in my view is to encourage the undertaking of civic responsibility instead of the discouragement thereof. As a result, I have always been a volunteer in the community.
Here are my credentials:
- Loyola Law School, Loyola Marymount University, MABA Trial Tactics, Coursework, 2010
- California Western School of Law, Law, JD – Juris Doctor, 2006
- Southwestern University School of Law, International Business Transactions, Coursework, 2005.
- Universidad del Salvador – Argentina, Latin American Institutions, Coursework, 2005.
- California State University, Chico, Political Science, Bachelor of Arts, 2002.
- California State University, Chico, Spanish, Minor Bachelor of Arts, 2002.
- Rated “Superb” by AVVO with an average rating of 9.8 stars.